Life has been a bit hectic to say the least. Juggling a full time job and being a full time mom and wife is the hardest thing I’ve been blessed to do. And then, add in our continued immigration journey to the mix—
There really is no convenient time for Jose to travel to Mexico. And, even if I was given the choice to pick a date, I don’t think I could do it. There’s NEVER a good time.
We received an email from our immigration lawyer last week stating that we should be hearing back on Jose’s visa interview date soon, most likely within the next few weeks. I get more and more anxious as his travel date to Juarez nears. Once we receive the notification via email, we will have about 3-4 weeks to prep for his departure. We’ve been waiting for this letter for over a year now due to the National Visa Center being backlogged. It’s a mix of emotions to realize that he really will be traveling to Mexico this year—fear, worry, excitement, happiness. Fear and worry that they may not grant him his visa and that he may have to stay in Mexico for a year, BUT also excitement and happiness to realize that he may be able to get his visa this year, and we can eventually apply for his citizenship!
More than anything, Luisa loves to see her papa when she comes home each night. We’re looking forward to getting this behind us. I don’t want Luisa to ever worry about the possibility of her not having her papa around. We need him here. That’s why we’re doing this. We’re getting this over with now, so she won’t ever have to worry like we are.
We’re remaining positive that his trip to Juarez will be a short one, and that he will be able to come back home in a few weeks after his interview.
We will continue to keep you posted. Our next blog will most likely have information on his travel date!